• Thomas, D. A., and Ramos-Vielba, I. (forthcoming 2023). Reframing study of research(er) funding towards configurations and trails. In Lepori, B., Jongbloed, B., and Hicks, D. (Editors) Handbook of public funding of research. Edward Elgar Publishing (Book chapter).
• Ramos-Vielba, I., Thomas, D. A., and Aagaard, K. (2022). Societal targeting dimensions in researcher funding: An exploratory approach
. Research Evaluation, 31(2) doi.org/10.1093/reseval/rvab044 (Peer-reviewed).
• Laudel, G., Thomas, D. A., and Ramos-Vielba, I. (2022). Hunting or gathering; feasting or starving? Researcher funding acquisition practices in differing funding landscapes. Paper presented at Building capacity and promoting resilience in research systems, Stockholm, Sweden, June 16-17, 2022 (Conference paper).
Bloch C. W., Falkenberg M. L., Povlsen R., E, Norn, M.T., Ramos-Vielba I., Stage A. K., Thomas D. A. (2022) Promoting the socio-economic impact of research-the role of funding practices, Novo Nordisk Foundation conference on the societal impact of research, Favrholm, Denmark, June 22-23, 2022 (Presentation).
• Ramos-Vielba, I. and Thomas, D. A. (2021). Exploring societal targeting in public research funding: Insights from Denmark and Norway. Forskningspolitik, 44(4), https://www.fpol.no/exploring-societal-targeting-in-public-research-funding-insights-from-denmark-and-norway/ (Dissemination piece).
• Aagaard, K., Mongeon, P., Ramos-Vielba, I., and Thomas, D. A. (2021). Getting to the bottom of research funding: Acknowledging the complexity of funding dynamics. PLOS One, 16(5), doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0251488 (Peer-reviewed).
• Thomas, D. A., Ramos-Vielba, I., and Aagaard, K. (2021, June 9-11). Reframing study of research(er) funding: From single funding instruments to configurations, trails and amalgamations. Eu-SPRI 2021 conference: ‘Science and innovation – an uneasy relationship? Rethinking the roles and relations of STI policies’. Oslo, Norway (Conference paper).
• Ramos-Vielba, I., Thomas, D. A., and Aagaard, K. (2021, May 26). Societal targeting in researcher funding: An exploratory approach through dimensions and interactions, SocArxiv, doi.org/10.31235/osf.io/8rdp6 (Pre-print).
• Aagaard, K., Ramos-Vielba, I., and Thomas, D. A. (2021, February 11-12). Funders use of ‘targeting’ and ‘enforcement’ to shape research for societal impact. Paper presented at the online workshop: ‘(How) Does Governance Matter?: Epistemic consequences of attempts to shape research’, organised by the Technical University of Berlin, Germany (Conference paper).
• Thomas, D. A., Ramos-Vielba, I., and Aagaard, K. (2020, October 1). Tracing researcher 'funding configurations': Some initial approaches and challenges. SocArXiv, doi.org/10.31235/osf.io/d4tr8 (Working paper).
• Aagaard, K., Mongeon, P., Ramos-Vielba, I., & Thomas, D. A. (2020, July 2). Getting to the bottom of research funding: Acknowledging the complexity of funding dynamics. SocArxiv, doi.org/10.31235/osf.io/tg6vn (Pre-print) [ Accolade: Selected as ‘Paper of the Week’ (2020, July 15) on USA Proposal Analytics website highlighting significant publications on research funding: proposalanalytics.org/thomas2020/ ]